Breaking News
  • last day of school/MP4: 6/12
  • Keystone Testing 5/13-5/16
  • AP Exams 5/6-5/20
  • MHS Choir Concert 5/1

The Windy Hill

The student news site of Methacton High School

The Windy Hill

The Windy Hill

Letter Day

Sign Up to Get Windy Hill Alerts!
Enter your email below to receive the monthly newsletter of the best stories of the month!

Methacton Wrestling defeats Spring-Ford

Bobby Goalish during his match to end off the meet

The Methacton Warriors took on the Spring-Ford Rams on Wednesday, January 24th– only the Warriors’ second home dual meet of the season. That makes them 1-1 at home after dominating Wissahickon on the 13th of December, and 1-2 in the PAC play. A huge 53-18 win in Norristown to start the PAC season on January 4th and then a loss at Boyertown led them to the spot they entered the match. In Wrestling, PACs occur before the season is completed as it is just individual championships. Matty Shumaker has started for the Warriors at home both times and has started with a win. When asked about the big start, he remarked, “That’s the momentum we need going into pretty much any match, so you’re the first match, you gotta go set the tone.” Another highlight included the major win against the Spring-Ford match by Ryan Hayes, who expressed, “I was disappointed I didn’t get the pin, but I knew I could get the next best thing which is a major, so I tried to wrap up as many points as possible.” The Warriors went back down 22-18 until freshman Brayden Giovinco came up who had a huge win, placing the Warriors at 23-22. Hayes said, “It was a toss-up match, and he ended up pinning the kid and really hyped everyone up, hyped me up, and that was a good morale booster.” Following that win, there wasn’t much more to highlight, but at the end of the day, the Warriors put up a fight against the Rams and succeeded.

Looking ahead, Methacton heads to Perkiomen Valley on Friday and then hosts Owen J Robert for their senior night on the following Wednesday night to round up their PAC schedule. 

Collin O’Neill and Shumaker practice there high fiving skills
Brayden Giovinco wins and celebrates with an erupting crowd
Dylan Pachick forces his opponent out of bounds
Shumaker wins to start the dual meet
Matty Shumaker takes down his Spring-Ford opponent to win the match