Breaking News
  • last day of school/MP4: 6/12
  • Keystone Testing 5/13-5/16
  • AP Exams 5/6-5/20

The Windy Hill

The student news site of Methacton High School

The Windy Hill

The Windy Hill

Letter Day

Sign Up to Get Windy Hill Alerts!
Enter your email below to receive the monthly newsletter of the best stories of the month!

MHS Hosts its Annual Post Prom Event with Lots of Help from the Community

Senior Michael DiPrinzio sets up another game of Black Jack, advising the players to “Never stop. Never quit. Always keep going. Youre bound to win at some point.”
Senior Michael DiPrinzio sets up another game of Black Jack, advising the players to “Never stop. Never quit. Always keep going. You’re bound to win at some point.”

Methacton’s juniors and seniors enjoyed the annual Post Prom on April 19 from 10:30 p.m.-5 a.m. The activities included mini golf, tricycle races, a silent disco, inflatable games, an outdoor coffeehouse, karaoke, raffles, a large dining variety, and a peaceful movie night in the library. 

Some of the most popular attractions were the casino, the hypnotist show, and the dodgeball/volleyball tournaments. Junior Dominic Albergato believed it was the best night of the year for MHS’s upperclassmen.

Roughly 700 volunteers fundraised, designed decorations, served food, ran the events, and cleaned up. Some, showing community support, volunteer despite not having children at the high school. 

Louis Lawler is one such community member whose children graduated from Methacton years ago. There are many fundraisers throughout the year that help back the event. Post Prom also accepts private donations.

For instance, the Chick-fil-A fundraiser on April 4 helped to support Post Prom.

According to volunteer Liz Alston, there is a lot of work put in from behind the scenes to make Post Prom happen, with many different committees coming together to be able to establish the popular event. Planning for the next year’s Post Prom begins the day right after Post Prom.

Costing approximately $50,000 to create and run, the event’s primary purpose is twofold, said Ms. Alston. 

“[It’s] for our students to have a safe and fun evening after prom.”

One student who had fun both participating and helping out was senior Michael DiPrinzio who ran a blackjack table at the casino for a large majority of the evening.

He taught many participants how to play. Michael had claimed a piece of advice that can be used at the blackjack table and beyond: “Never stop. Never quit. Always keep going; you’re bound to win at some point. We can’t stop now”.

Post Prom has always meant to be a safe, memorable night for the upperclassmen of Methacton High School and their prom dates.

The committees hope that the tradition will continue into the future.

Warrior News members Janet James and Alexander Eells spend time watching a movie in the library.
“The Casino is the best place to be at in Post Prom” said Junior Anika Suresh. She had a fun night playing poker, her favorite Casino game of all.
Liz Alston volunteers every year “for our students to have a safe and fun evening after prom”. This is her third year on the official planning committee.