Breaking News
  • last day of school/MP4: 6/12
  • Keystone Testing 5/13-5/16
  • AP Exams 5/6-5/20
  • MHS Choir Concert 5/1

The Windy Hill

The student news site of Methacton High School

The Windy Hill

The Windy Hill

Letter Day

Sign Up to Get Windy Hill Alerts!
Enter your email below to receive the monthly newsletter of the best stories of the month!

Welcoming Dr. Euker: A New Chapter at Methacton High School

Methacton High School will introduce its new principal, Dr. Euker, who will be officially joining the high school community on Jan. 3. 

Dr. Euker, a mother of four boys, brings an abundance of experience to MHS.

She has been an indispensable part of the Methacton family since 1997, showcasing her dedication to education through various roles. 

Beginning as a substitute teacher, she progressed through a variety of positions: gifted teacher, fifth grade teacher, math specialist at Arcola, assistant principal at Skyview and principal at Woodland Elementary for the last eight years.

In her infrequent moments of quiet time, Dr. Euker enjoys long walks and finds pleasure in reading books to stimulate her imagination. She also confesses to having a soft spot for reality TV, a guilty pleasure that provides a welcome escape from her demanding

schedule.

Her journey into education was influenced by inspiring teachers from her childhood and her family’s deep-rooted connection to the profession. Raised by a mother who was a teacher, Dr. Euker developed a respect for those who educate the next generation. Taking on leadership roles and introducing presentations, she found joy in guiding Woodland with her authority through its day-to-day operations.

Dr. Euker’s initial impression of Methacton High School highlighted the warm and welcoming nature of the community. Euker has visited the school roughly 25 times and has been so overwhelmed by the positive response. She says many of the former Woodland students have greeted her and have re-introduced themselves.

Acknowledging the challenges that come with the job, including early morning traffic and the inexperience of teenage drivers, Dr. Euker remains committed to her duty to further the school’s success. Her primary goal is to establish and strengthen relationships within the community, creating a cohesive identity for Methacton High School. Dr. Euker is eager to listen to everyone’s feedback on the future policies of the district, emphasizing collaboration and unity.

As the Methacton High School community embarks on this new chapter with Dr. Euker at the helm, there is anticipation for a future marked by strong relationships, shared visions and the positive impact of an exciting, new leader.