Breaking News
  • last day of school/MP4: 6/12
  • Keystone Testing 5/13-5/16
  • AP Exams 5/6-5/20
  • MHS Choir Concert 5/1

The Windy Hill

The student news site of Methacton High School

The Windy Hill

The Windy Hill

Letter Day

Sign Up to Get Windy Hill Alerts!
Enter your email below to receive the monthly newsletter of the best stories of the month!

Methacton’s Warriors Performance Group is Beginning Preparations for its Spring Show on April 26

Alex DePiano and Mya Frazier, two members of WPG involved in the show

Warriors Performance Group (WPG) is related to, but not the same as, the Methacton High School Theater Company. While the Theater Company exists for the purpose of helping interested students explore the world of theater, WPG exists to benefit the community through acts of service. Though not a club membership requirement, one of WPG’s methods of community service is their Spring Show.

The Spring Show consists of poetry readings, dances, and songs that foster acceptance, inclusion, and social justice. Junior Natalie Rydzewski, co-vice president of WPG, thinks that the Spring Show is important “because [the club discusses] these topics all year round but in the show we get to work together” in the pursuit of “showing topics that are important to us and bringing them to life”. 

Senior Paige Alaishuski, co-president of the club, added that the show never loses meaning because “every year is different” as new elements are added and tweaked; this year, WPG “added a new poem and some new dances”, as well as a song.

Students are involved with the show in different ways. All are involved, on various levels, with the poetry readings and dancing in the show. Some involved also opted to sing in the show. The club presidents, seniors Paige Alaishuski, Nora Alaishuiski, and Alex Pack, have the added responsibility of co-directing the show, and the club choreographer, senior Sonja Otero, teaches all of the dances. Senior Natalie Zebrowski also wrote one of the poems for this year’s show, titled “Love, Your Mother”.

Those involved in the show encourage audiences to turn out. Alaishuski wrote that the show is something “a lot of people need to see” because “when you come to the show you can see the passion for the causes each piece is for… that all of us have”, and Rydzewski added that the way some of the poems are delivered “portrays the emotions [of] the subjects with realness and with depth that the audience can see”, contributing to an unforgettable experience.

The only show will be on Friday, April 26 at 7 PM in the Methacton High School auditorium. Entrance to the show is free, although donations are gratefully accepted. While WPG solicits donations during the show, they will also raise money for a charitable organization. The specific organization has yet to be confirmed.

Aubrey Wheeler and Alex DePiano, two members of WPG involved in the show