Breaking News
  • last day of school/MP4: 6/12
  • Keystone Testing 5/13-5/16
  • AP Exams 5/6-5/20
  • MHS Choir Concert 5/1

The Windy Hill

The student news site of Methacton High School

The Windy Hill

The Windy Hill

Letter Day

Sign Up to Get Windy Hill Alerts!
Enter your email below to receive the monthly newsletter of the best stories of the month!

Yoder makes history, Thomas comes close

The fastest runner in MHS history lands in the top 20 at states while Thomas becomes the second fastest in MHS history
Freshman+Brock+Yoder+became+the+fastest+cross-country+runner+in+MHS+history+after+taking+eighth+place+at+districts+on+Oct.+27.+
Ben Yoder
Freshman Brock Yoder became the fastest cross-country runner in MHS history after taking eighth place at districts on Oct. 27.

Freshman Brock Yoder finished eighth and senior Senior Molly Thomas took 29th at the District 1 Championships at Lehigh University on Oct. 27.

In a field of 355 runners, Thomas finished 29th and in a personal record 5k time of 19:04, the second fastest time in history by an MHS female runner. 

Yoder had a historic day as well, running a time of 15:28 to break not only the school record, but the Pa. freshman all-time 5k record. Yoder ran against 379 runners.

Both athletes moved on to the state meet in Hershey on Nov. 4. The course is notoriously difficult, where many competitors run slower than their personal best times. 

The state meet is divided into three races per gender, and by size of school. Methacton competes in the largest division, AAA, for both boys and girls. 

Thomas ran a 22-minute 5k and finished in 181st place. 

Yoder finished 20th and was the second fastest freshman, the other being Penncrest’s Rowan Carr, the eighth place finisher overall, and New Balance Outdoor Nationals champion in the eighth grade mile last spring. 

Molly Thomas became the second fastest cross-country runner in MHS history. She placed in the top 30 at the district race on Oct. 27 at Lehigh University. (Credit: Mile Split)
Yoder would go on to become one of two freshmen to land in the top 20 at the state meet in Hershey on Nov. 4. (Credit: Mile Split)

Brock looks forward to next cross country season, during which he will be ranked among the top-10 runners in the state.