Breaking News
  • last day of school/MP4: 6/12
  • Keystone Testing 5/13-5/16
  • AP Exams 5/6-5/20
  • MHS Choir Concert 5/1
  • MHS Orchestra Concert 4/25

The Windy Hill

The student news site of Methacton High School

The Windy Hill

The Windy Hill

Letter Day

Sign Up to Get Windy Hill Alerts!
Enter your email below to receive the monthly newsletter of the best stories of the month!

Golfers Reiger and Thomas finish top three in PACs

Senior+Matt+Reiger+finished+second+at+the+PAC+Championships+and+will+play+at+districts+on+Oct.+9+and+10.++
Senior Matt Reiger finished second at the PAC Championships and will play at districts on Oct. 9 and 10.

Matthew Reiger put on a clinic at the PAC Championships on Tuesday, shooting a 76 at Turtle Creek in Limerick, a personal best for the junior. His score earned him a second place finish on the day, advancing him to the PIAA District 1 Championship. 

Matt said his swing “felt really good”. He credits his success to some early adjustments, one of them being a less aggressive style. He said he pivoted from the driver he normally used in the past to begin most holes. The switch yielded him more pars from hole four on. 

The district tournament will also be hosted at the Turtle Creek Course, an advantage for Reiger who has familiarity with the layout. 

Matt hopes to “play the exact same way” on Oct. 9 and 10.

Looking forward, Matt hopes to play club golf in college and enjoys the sport due to its relaxing, yet competitive nature. 

Kate Thomas earned third place at PACS and will move on to district for the third time in her high school career.

On the girls’ side, senior Kate Thomas extended her season to districts for the third time in her high school career by shooting a 75 at PACs where she placed third. She attributes her success to her calm demeanor.

She hopes to make it to the second day of districts this year, as she came up just short in 2022. Thomas says her enjoyment in the sport stems from the ability to socialize with the girls on the other teams. 

Kate doesn’t have plans of playing competitively in the future, but says she will continue to play with her family and friends.

Additionally, Lauren Springman finished tied for 16th place at PACs, narrowly missing districts as just a freshman. Seniors Julia Sala and Shivani Joshi finished 19th and 34th respectively.