Breaking News
  • last day of school/MP4: 6/12
  • Keystone Testing 5/13-5/16
  • AP Exams 5/6-5/20
  • MHS Choir Concert 5/1

The Windy Hill

The student news site of Methacton High School

The Windy Hill

The Windy Hill

Letter Day

Sign Up to Get Windy Hill Alerts!
Enter your email below to receive the monthly newsletter of the best stories of the month!

MHS hosts its annual pep rally

The event featured “pieing” teachers, class and teacher tug-of-war battles and a Powder Puff game.
Hannah Graf
Volunteering to cheerlead, some of the senior boys got the crowd energized during the Powder Puff game.

MHS hosted its annual homecoming pep rally on Oct. 20. The stadium event had a number of attractions, including tug-of-war battles between classes and the Powder Puff football game, featuring the junior girls versus the senior girls. Wearing their class-color T-shirts, freshmen through seniors sat in designated locations in the bleachers to watch the festivities with their classmates. To cap off the event, the marching band entertained the audience while they filed in. Following that, the fall sports teams walked onto the track while social studies teacher Mr. Ranieri highlighted the teams’ seasonal accomplishments to date. Selected students then “pied” volunteer teachers in the face. Next up, the crowd watched as the tournament-style tug of war saw the teachers face off against the seniors in the finals. While the seniors won, the teachers did not put up much of fight. To wrap up the event, the Powder Puff game, featuring senior male cheerleaders, ended in a 7-7 tie.