Breaking News
  • last day of school/MP4: 6/12
  • Keystone Testing 5/13-5/16
  • AP Exams 5/6-5/20
  • MHS Choir Concert 5/1
  • MHS Orchestra Concert 4/25

The Windy Hill

The student news site of Methacton High School

The Windy Hill

The Windy Hill

Letter Day

Sign Up to Get Windy Hill Alerts!
Enter your email below to receive the monthly newsletter of the best stories of the month!

MHS Marching Band places 2nd at local competitions

The Methacton High School Marching Band welcomed eighth graders from Arcola Middle School to join its ranks this season. This new addition helped the Warriors to a second-place finish at the first competition at West Chester East High School.

The eighth graders, along with their high school counterparts, usually take between eight and 11 weeks to master a show. The band’s program this season is called “Remix de Lune”. The ballad has many different dynamics and intense harmony. The Warriors practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-9 p.m. They work very hard on perfecting their drill and making the music align with the beats.

During scenes four and five of the performance, difficult choreography can be observed from the band while interacting with the prop in the shape of a moon. Their flags have a beautiful design with a night sky and a full moon. A few ripple effects within the choreography give the music a whole other flow. It adds a dramatic effect that one can feel in their chest when mixed with the percussion, brass, pit, woodwinds, and guard.

On Oct. 28, they had another competition at Hatboro Horsham High School in which they won 2nd place in their division. Following that, they had their state championships at Warwick High School on Nov. 4, winning 4th place in their division with 2nd place for high percussion and 2 place for high color guard. 

Overall they had an amazing season and a lot of fun. Congratulations to their 2 seniors Jonathan Bean and Addison!

“I feel like it is a good opportunity for the eighth graders to join and experience higher level music without one in middle school”- Ian McAdams

“Well i appreciate that they included eighth graders in this years band and i really think it promoted the band more, considering most of the marching band is eighth graders”- Sophia Skinner

“I think it’s really nice because it greatly increased our membership and brings in a new diverse skill set for our marching band” – Romelio Weiss

“I think that it’s a really nice opportunity for the eighth graders so that they can get to know some high schoolers, the building layout,and overall just have a really nice time. It can also prepare the eighth graders for time management that will come with the highschool.” – Jenna Anuzelli

“I think it’s a good thing since they make up most of color guard and marching band in general”-Alana Bove