Methacton Football Honors 18 Warriors At Senior Night

The Warriors wear pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness month.

By Alexander Eells, Sports Writer, Photographer

Even with the intense game the Methacton Warriors Varsity football team faced against the Perkiomen Valley Vikings last Friday, September 30, many of the Warriors were seen having fun. Crowds of parents and peers turned out to celebrate the night, which doubled as a quadruple Senior Night for the Methacton football team, cheerleaders, band, and color guard.

The Final score of this game was 49-7 with Perkiomen Valley scoring all their points in the first half. The seven Methacton points were scored in the second half, when the second team came on for PV. The game was a pink out, t-shirts were sold at student lunches that said “fight like a warrior” on them. Overall, it was a cold windy night, and Methacton lost, but the seniors had their moment. 

Splitting the group of seniors, the 18 football players were honored pregame with their families, music, and posters, while the cheerleaders, band, and color guard were honored at halftime. Each senior had the chance to reflect on their football career throughout high school. Listed below are some of their highlights.

Sah’bri Hill, who was the first senior to walk out, had his mom and dad by his side. Planning to study health sciences at the University of Pittsburgh, his top college choice, he learned that “it doesn’t matter what people say or think, you need to believe in yourself.”

Second was Yusuf Zaban with both his parents. Having played football for 11 years, his most memorable moment was getting his jersey number, 45. He considers discipline to be his most important imparting gift, and plans to use that in the future, when he goes into painting. 

The crowd cheers on the seniors as they celebrate their night.

Moses Aguilar came out next with his mom. He plans to attend West Chester University and will study business management. In his four years of playing football, his most memorable moment was when he took an IV during a game and then forced a fumble. He has learned being disciplined is tough but conditioning is tougher.

Will Tims walked out to center field with both his parents, and has been playing football for thirteen years, including all four high school years, with his most memorable moment being when he got the chance to play quarterback and completed his pass. He plans to study criminal justice next year, in college, and accordingly, he has learned to never give up.

Justin Leahy walked out with his sister. He has been playing football for eight years, and played three of four years here. Committed and attending the University of Connecticut, his most memorable moment was when he scooped up and fumble and returned it for a sixty yard touchdown against Springford. He learned to be patient on the sideline. 

Jason Lagana, accompanied by both his parents, has been playing football for eight years, with two of them here at Methacton. After graduation this year, he will study business management while serving the country in the military. He has learned how to trust your teammates. 

Tyler Deal was next, accompanied by both his parents. He has been playing football for seven years, including four at Methacton, and has learned running sucks from football. After high school, he plans to attend college, playing football while studying engineering. His favorite football moment was when he pushed his quarterback teammate into the end zone to score. 

Michael Chipman was accompanied by both his parents. He has been playing football for thirteen years, and would love to go to Syracuse, Drexel or UConn to study Chemistry/Biology. He loved the Thursday dinners at Buffalo Wild Wings, and has learned accountability and trust.

Chase Wagner had both his parents to his side. He has been playing football for thirteen years with four of them at Methacton, and plans to either attend college, where he would study business, or go to a trade school. His most memorable football moment was running the “Snakes” Freshman year. He learned to support others when they needed him the most.

Jake Chapman had his mother and father to his left and right. He has been playing football for twelve years, four of them with Methacton, with his most memorable football moment being when he caught the game winning touchdown against Norristown. He plans to attend college and study computer science, and has learned the importance of positive role models the most. 

Joey Mosteller had his mother and father by his side. He has been playing football for seven years, two of them at Methacton, and will go to college to study business management. His most memorable football moment was when he met coach Darazzio. He learned to work hard and take criticism from football.

Jackson Chase was next, and he had his mother and father at his sides. He has been playing football for four years, two at Methacton, and plans to attend college and study engineering. His most memorable moment was actually a collection of moments, or the team’s tradition of going to Applebees after wins. He has learned accountability and discipline from football. 

Jeremiah Miles, with his mom and dad beside him, plans to study carpentry at a trade school. He has been playing football for two years, both at Methacton, and has learned respect and discipline from football. His most memorable football moment was when he was blind sighted and fell hard to the ground.

Tyler Weil-Kaspar was accompanied by both his parents. He has been playing for thirteen years, including his four at Methacton. He plans to attend college and study business. HIs most memorable football moment was his first varsity start when he was just a freshman. He learned that the principles of hard work and dedication will lead to success as a team. 

Michael Wolbers was next and he had both his parents with him. He has been playing football for eight years, including four with Methacton, with his most memorable football moment being his first Varsity game where he Long snapped. He plans to attend college to study business and administration, and has learned the importance of teamwork, perseverance, and dedication.

Jakob Fallat was accompanied by his mom and dad. He has been playing football for two years, both at Methacton. After high school, he plans to attend Montgomery County Community College. His most memorable moment was the meals the team shared before games. He has learned teamwork most from football.

Joshua Cancro, having the most cheers from the crowd as he was walking out beside his two parents, plans to attend college and play football, studying business or science. His most memorable football moment was when he got his first sack, sophomore year. He learned trust and hard work from football.

Mateo Aburto was accompanied by both his parents, and has been playing football for eight years. He plans to study sports marketing in college. He loved when the team won “the rain game” against Upper Perk, and has accordingly learned to live to the fullest from his time with football because no one knows what lies ahead.

The team lines up for a play against Perkiomen Valley.

Tyler Ready, with his mom and dad with him, plans to attend college to study special education and coaching. His most memorable football moment was when he kicked a field goal in order to win a poppies sandwich from his teammate Jake Chapman. 

Finally, Jonathan Palacios-Casiano, in a heartfelt moment, walked out with both his dad and Tyler Ready’s dad after he ran back to Jonathan’s side. He has been playing football for four years, three being for Methacton, and plans to attend community college and study business. His most memorable moment was his first practice when he finally got his gear.