Boys XC wins Abington Invitational

By Jonathan Bender, Staff Writer

The varsity boys cross country team won the Abington Invitational on Sept. 11. 

Senior Vaughn Lackman ran a 16:24 5k and took first place, maintaining a 5:28 per mile pace. Chris McGlynn ran 16:43, taking second overall. The Warriors also took 5th, 12th, 17th, 18th and 33rd place with senior Bryan Landsberg, senior Tristan Landsberg, junior Evander Lackman, senior Matthew Sandner and senior Jack Rosti, respectively.

Freshman Charlie Reith ran a 10:56 3k to take first place in the novice division. Reith was 40 seconds ahead of the second place competitor. The novice team placed five runners in the top 10 overall, helping the squad to first place.

Junior Matthew Behan took second in the junior varsity division, running an 18:40 5k. The JV team placed two other runners in the top 10 and finished third.

“This is a team with a great attitude and talent when it comes to training and competing. The team will turn a few heads this season,” said head coach Steve Savitz. 

Warrior runners have said they have been setting personal records earlier in the season than ever before. 

The team has also just competed in the Briarwood Invitational on Sept. 18, where varsity took second place. 

Race results can be found at the following link: https://pa.milesplit.com/meets/433295-33rd-abington-xc-invitational-2021/results.