Swim Team Celebrates its Seniors at Final Home Meet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Erin Valle is competed in the 100 breast stroke during her last high school meet at MHS.

Hailey Grawe

Hailey Grawe

Hailey Grawe

STAFF WRITER Hailey Grawe, Contributing Writer

The Warrior Swim Team, facing off against PAC rival Perkiomen Valley, came together after school on Feb. 5 for their annual Senior meet. The senior girls included Sara Fleck, Chandler Gibbs, Kaela Boss, Julia Jablonski, Jennla Ruit, Erin Valle and Grace McGlynn. Representing the senior boys were Noah Caplan, Phil Figueroa, Aravind Gnanasekaran, John Groff, Will Tornambe, Michael Xu and Steve Zeng. Senior divers Sara Nice, Max Markowitz and Hayden Aubrey competed and were recognized as well. These seniors spent time reminiscing on their high school experiences with friends and family at the end of the meet. The whole team contributed to the night including making posters, setting up a dinner afterwards, and giving speeches about their teammates. This feature includes photographs of the last dual meet of the season.

• Senior Sara Nice performs her front dive half twist at the end of the diving portion of the meet.

Hailey Grawe

• Senior Chandler Gibbs competed in the 200 freestyle relay.

Hailey Grawe

• Sophomore Sammie Burstein performed a forward rotation during the diving portion of the match up.

Hailey Grawe

• (From left) Hannah Taylor, Alex Ferrance, Sophia Leber and Josephine James rooted for seniors Max Markowitz and Hayden Aubrey during the diving portion of the meet.

Hailey Grawe

• Dylan Phan earned a personal record and second place in 100 backstroke.

Hailey Grawe

• Senior Hayden Aubrey angled toward the water during her fist dive of the senior meet.

Hailey Grawe

• Senior Max Markowitz performed a back dive half twist in the opening portion of the boys diving event.

Hailey Grawe

• Noah Caplan took first place in the 100 breast stroke.

Hailey Grawe

• (From left) Robin Wang, Nathan Boardman and Grace McGlynn discussed the boys team’s annual hair bleaching.

Hailey Grawe

• Senior Erin Valle is competed in the 100 breast stroke during her last high school meet at MHS.

Hailey Grawe

• (from left) Hailey McGarity, Stephanie Yu, Erin Valle, Kerri Drum and Rachel Prusacki sat poolside to watch their teammates dive.

Hailey Grawe

• Sophomore Travis Henrick executed a one-and-a-half dive.

Hailey Grawe

• Freshman Amy Nguyen swam in the 400 freestyle relay.

Hailey Grawe

• Alex Ferrance dove in for her leg of the 400 freestyle relay.

Hailey Grawe

• Tommy Gibbs dove in for his leg of the 200 medley relay.

Hailey Grawe

• (from left) Freshmen Amy Nguyen, Alyssa Griffin and Anna Cardaci are cheered on senior Sara Fleck in the 500 freestyle.

Hailey Grawe